Hostname: page-component-7479d7b7d-68ccn Total loading time: 0 Render date: 2024-07-12T17:02:22.602Z Has data issue: false hasContentIssue false

Discussion

Published online by Cambridge University Press:  02 September 2013

Stuart A. Rice
Affiliation:
U. S. Bureau of the Budget
Francis G. Wilson
Affiliation:
University of Illinois
Thomas I. Cook
Affiliation:
The Johns Hopkins University

Abstract

Image of the first page of this content. For PDF version, please use the ‘Save PDF’ preceeding this image.'
Type
Discussion
Copyright
Copyright © American Political Science Association 1950

Access options

Get access to the full version of this content by using one of the access options below. (Log in options will check for institutional or personal access. Content may require purchase if you do not have access.)

References

page 381 note 1 Cf. Wiener, Norbert, Cybernetics; or Control and Communication in the Animal and the Machine (New York, 1948)Google ScholarPubMed.

page 382 note 2 Excellent samples of changing census conceptions are contained in a recent monograph by Truesdell, Leon E., The Development of the Urban-Rural Classification in the United States: 1874–1949, Bureau of the Census, Series P-23, No. 1Google Scholar.

page 387 note 1 A moderate sized article, compressing much learning and reflection, lends itself readily to misinterpretation, as it is almost certain to contain ambiguities and seeming contradictions. A yet briefer comment readily exaggerates differences. I have stated my agreements and disagreements with Professor Spengler, however, without qualification, for the sake of forcefulness. For the sake of fairness, and as a caveat to the reader, I feel it important to note my own conviction that dissents and disagreements would probably be diminished, and in some cases dissipated, by extended debate.

Submit a response

Comments

No Comments have been published for this article.